communications specialist (contract)
The Communications Specialist role involves the strategic communication planning and its practical delivery—assessing the needs of the client, monitoring and modifying the plan, developing content and managing its delivery to appropriate audiences using multiple channels. This role is perfect for a dynamic candidate that thrives in a fast-past environment and possesses exceptional skills in writing and verbal presentations and has excellent interpersonal skills.
- Partner closely with senior leaders and stakeholders to provide strategic and tactical communication consultation and ensure alignment to the client’s mission and priorities.
- Responsible for tactical/routine writing and editing, such as executive messaging, presentations, intranet content, advisories and alerts, correspondence, event or initiative communications, and other communications for internal team members and target audiences.
- Collaborate with business and support partners to produce presentations, talking points, speeches, and other materials as needed.
- Support communication priorities, including: writing, editing, and coordinating complex and sensitive communications.
- Develop, coordinate, manage, and distribute messages through appropriate delivery channels.
- Manage communication plan in coordination with overall change management strategy.
- Communicate effectively and deal positively across all levels of the organization, collaborate with others, initiate action, adapt to change, and accept challenging assignments.
- 4+ years communications experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills with experience writing for various communication channels (email, newsletters, PowerPoint, website, etc.).
- Experience publishing to internal and external channels (knowledge of website publishing tools is a plus).
- Experience dealing with complex corporate and/or matrix organizations.
- Skilled in the use of style guides and adherence to brand standards and copyright use.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Flexibility to work on site or remotely.
- Must live within 50 miles of Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, DC, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Phoenix, San Francisco or St. Louis.