instructional designer / trainer (contract)
The Instructional Designer/Trainer role designs and develops instructional materials for Change 360 clients. This position will demonstrate and utilize effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills. In addition, this role will independently develop courses for varying audiences and may act as a liaison between multiple departments in determining needs of courses and appropriate methods of delivery.
- Design and develop instructor-led, self-paced, and blended programs.
- Work with client managers and employees to determine training and development needs and identifying activities and strategies to meet those needs.
- Work with team to develop and update courses as needed.
- Understand interactive programs for computer-based training, CD ROM, web applications, and/or alternative multimedia formats.
- Use technical writing skills to develop curricula and instructional materials including agendas, exercises, and other materials in various learning formats.
- At least 4 – 6 years’ experience in Instructional Design.
- Strong proficiency in curriculum and course design and development.
- Extensive knowledge of multi-media interactive authoring software. Experience with Captivate, Creative Suite, Storyline and Flash or related software highly desired.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS) is a plus.
- Strong ability to work with peers and management of all levels.
- Ability to develop, organize, and produce assigned projects within timelines and established budgets.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Flexibility to work on site or remotely.
- Must live within 50 miles of Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, DC, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Phoenix, San Francisco or St. Louis.